In the smart home ecosystem today, Alexa can say to be one of the universal apps with more than 7000 third party in corporations. It is possible you have heard Alexa being used in voice-controlled speakers, but you might not know that Alexa is now integrated into many other smart products, including thermostats.
Amazon Echo is the right product for you if you are looking for a device that is budget friendly and will be able to meet your day to day needs. With the speaker, you can connect to Alexa to play music, set alarms, make phone calls, or send messages, and you can also use it to set reminders. It can also be connected to other smarts product so that you can use it as a connection between you and your smart products in your home.
There is now much easy access and control in your smart home with the help of Alexa. You can verbally communicate with some app like Spotify just as you can ask her to turn off the lights. And now that Amazon has become relatively popular in the industry, most of the smart products around integrate easily with Alexa, including popular products like Samsung, Philips, Best, and Schlage.
Which means Alexa can do a lot of things ranging from adjusting your home temperature to locking your doors and closing your garage. To be sure Alexa will work with particular device look for products with “work with Amazon Alexa” tag.
Alexa has the most third-party integration of any smart system because it can integrate and speak with most of other smart devices and apps. And that is what makes her one of the best choices for your smart home.
The Second Edition of Amazon Echo has a 2.5″ downward firing woofer and 0.6″ tweeter powered by Dolby to deliver good vocals and dynamic bass throughout the entire room. You can also play music from Apple music, Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM, Amazon music, and a lot more. You can let Alexa pick the music for you, or you can search by lyrics, period with Amazon Music. You can also listen to Audiobooks, podcasts, radio stations, news brief, and more.
With multi-room music, you can ask Alexa to play different music with your compatible Echo devices if you want to play music on the Echo in another room. You can ask Alexa to play the kind of music you desire for a different room, i.e., jazz in the family room, blues in the kitchen or you can tell her to play one song throughout your whole home.
Echo Plus (2nd Gen) - Premium sound with built-in smart home hub - Sandstone
1 used from $109.99
- Meet the Echo Plus - Echo Plus has a built-in Zigbee hub to easily setup and control your compatible smart home devices, and an improved sound for streaming music.
- Enjoy premium sound - New premium speakers powered by Dolby play 360° audio with crisp vocals and dynamic bass response. You can also use your voice to adjust equalizer settings or pair with a second Echo Plus (2nd gen) for stereo sound.
- Alexa has skills - Ask Alexa to play music, answer questions, read the news, check the weather, set alarms, control compatible smart home devices, play Audible audiobooks, call almost anyone, and more.
- Built-in smart home hub - Set up your smart home without a separate hub. Ask Alexa to control zigbee compatible smart lights, switches, sensors, door locks, and more. Echo Plus also includes a built-in temperature sensor.
- Voice control your music - Ask Alexa for a song, artist, or genre from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM, and more. With multi-room music, play music on compatible Echo devices in different rooms.
Amazon Echo connects to Alexa to do things like reading the news, playing music, setting alarms and timers, answering questions, and controlling compatible smart home devices and more.
You can also play music from Apple music, Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM, Amazon music, and a lot more. You can let Alexa pick the music for you, or you can search by lyrics, period with Amazon Music. You can also listen to Audiobooks, podcasts, radio stations, news brief, and more.
With multi-room music, you can ask Alexa to play different music with your compatible Echo devices if you want to play music on the Echo in another room. You can ask Alexa to play the kind of music you desire for a different place, i.e., jazz in the family room, blues in the kitchen or you can tell her to play one song throughout your whole home.
- You can call and message anyone without touching your phone. You can announce to every room with a compatible Echo device.
- With a lot of microphones up to Seven, noise cancellation, and beamforming technology. Echo can hear you from every direction even while playing music.
- Turn on your lights, adjust thermostat, lock doors, find tv shows using only voice and you can even do more with compatible connected devices.
- The speakers play audio throughout the room with voices and dynamic bass response. You can also use the volume adjuster equalizer.
- With Alexa getting smarter every day, you can add new skills like playing games, tracking fitness and a lot more.