Ecobee4 is a device that can listen to your voice and respond with the use of built-in Alexa voice service. There is a lot of exciting stuff you do with ecobee, and you can set a timer, it can help establish a timer, read your news, adjust the temperature, and lot more. It is also compatible with devices like Alexa by supporting ESP so that only the device closest to you responds to your commands.
There is also a sensor that helps detect hot and cold spots in your home, delivering appropriate comfort in the rooms in the areas that matters. And because they detect presence if people are around, they can automatically enable the right mode on your ecobee4 savings when it senses absence from home.
Be comfortable in the rooms that matter.
Most thermostat available cannot read the temperature in all rooms, which can make other rooms uncomfortable. It has a built-in sensor to help manage hot or cold spots. When you place the sensor in your favorite rooms, it can read temperature and detect when you are around. And that’s how it ensures comfort in the rooms.
With the already built in Amazon Alexa Voice service in the ecobee4, it can perform many things Alexa can do. What you have to do is ask and watch the thermostat respond. For a total hands-free control feature, it can hear you from across the room.
It is designed to be seen and heard.
The device has embedded microphones with a voice recognition feature and a speaker engineered for clear voice and full sound even from a far distance. It’s a smart thermostat that you can hear and speak to from across the room. You can adjust temperature and comfort settings on your Andriod and iOS devices; Apple watches inclusive with the ecobee4 mobile app. If going on vacation and forgot to let your ecobee know. You can make your device know through your mobile app. If there is a problem with your equipment, the app can send service alerts and reminders.
Pros of the Ecobee 4
- Whereas the latest model of the Nest is compatible with Amazon Alexa; the Ecobee 4 has a built-in Amazon Alexa speaker. For those who want to change their home with smart technology, the Ecobee 4 is an excellent prospect, being a 2 in 1 smart device, which means you can control your heating.
- The Ecobee 4 has a lot of impressive features, which you can control via the mobile app or touchscreen. It works well with home ecosystems like Amazon Alexa and Apple HomeKit, while Nest is still not compatible with Apple operating systems.
- Furthermore, the device uses a room sensor included in the kit to detect occupancy in any room of the house and use that room to take a temperature reading. The device helps to keep the occupied room at the desired temperature but saves on energy bills by controlling the temperature in the rooms where there is no occupant. And it automatically switches off if no one is at home with the Home/Away feature that detects if the house is occupied.
Cons of the Ecobee 4
- The Sunblock Feature which helps the thermostat to adjust its setting to compensate for higher temperature when the thermostat detects direct sunlight is Absent in the ecobee 4 and is present in the Nest.
- The Ecobee does not have sunblock feature but it does have room sensors, which manages the temperature in every room to the base unit and it tends to serve as a compensation for sunblock, but the sunblock feature in the Nest is a much simpler solution to the problem of direct sunlight affecting temperature readings.
- Another important thing lacking in the Ecoobee which the Nest has is a battery back up power source, It is equipped with a lithium-ion battery, which you can charge for a few months.
- Ecobee 4 receives electricity through the C-line, and it is possible that they are not some of the oldest houses, since they provide the Power Extender Kit (PEK).
- homeowners can save up to 23% per year on heating or cooling costs, and the ecobee can pay for two years ( under 72 degrees).
- Place them in your desired room, and the temperature will be balanced throughout every room in your home. With the sensors detecting occupancy and temperature, the Ecobee will automatically switch to the right mode for comfort when you are around and for savings when you are not around.
- The installation is straightforward, especially with the guide that provides a step-by-step process. All equipment needed comes in the box, including a power Extender Kit for homes with no C-wire.
- The thermostat is easily adjustable from wherever you are using the mobile app in your iOS (iPhone, Apple watch). You can download the app on the App Store or Google Play.
- control your thermostat with built-in Alexa sound. Ask to play music, listen to the news, set timers, adjust the temperature, and more. The Wi-Fi connection is 2.4 GHz 802.11b / g / n. Tip: Make sure your HVAC panel is completely off. Some systems will not open if the cover does not close properly. Voltage type: line voltage