Having a home security system used to entail joining up with a business that would send an expert to one house to drill in your walls holes and pass cables around your home. The device was usually provided for free, but you must sign a monitoring contract yearly as part of the agreement. There are still a few security companies that will send a specialist to your home to set up a system that is particularly suited to your place. Then a team of experts will be sent to your home to configure everything, but so many companies are offering do-it-yourself (DIY) home security solutions.
DIY systems allow you to purchase all the stuff online and have the device shipped to you, including a step-by-step installation guide.
See the top DIY smart home security systems we’ve reviewed for an economical method to remain secure.
Simplisafe Home Security System
There’s more to love about the adaptable and simple DIY SimpliSafe home security system if you want to safeguard and watch your house from a distance without investing a lot of money or signing a long term deal.
- Low-cost hardware with monitoring every month.
- There is no need for a contract.
- simple and quick installation
- Cellular and Wi-Fi connectivity, the latter of which is optional.
- Unimpressive indoor cameras.
Frontpoint Home Security
The front point security system is simple to set up and has a number of helpful surveillance, automation for home and environmental features.
- simple to set up;
- numerous component options
- there is no need for a contract
- a monthly package that is prohibitively expensive
Wyze Home Surveillance
Wyze home monitoring is a do-it-yourself smart home security system that provides sophisticated monitoring and a wide range of features at a low cost.
- it’s inexpensive
- it’s simple to install
- It’s compatible with other Wyze components
- Voice compatibility for Google Assistant
- it does not support the Apple Home kit
- a loud alarm system
Ring Alarm Pro
The Ring Alarm Pro is a do-it-yourself smart home security system and a Wi-Fi wireless router in one, and it excels at both.
- in-built Wi-Fi 6 router
- superior power and backup
- enables alexia voice control;
- Operate with a variety of rings and third-party equipment.
- it would be best if you had a subscription for some of the features