Wondering how the heat pump works in the winter season? The majority of the homeowners are in a dilemma whether they should invest in a heat pump or not. Don’t let the operation part put you in a state of a tizzy.
Heat pumps are cost-effective and you can use them all-year-round without any hassle. Hold that thought! The million-dollar question is – How does the heat pump pull heat while it is extremely cold outside?
During the winter season, the heat pump works like an air cooler in reverse mode. The refrigerant in the pump absorbs the heat from outside and uses the same to warm up your house.
This brings us to the next question – How to use a heat pump in winter? Let’s dive right into the topic.
Using A Heat Pump In Winter Season
The heat pump generates heat and saves energy. It takes about 15-20 minutes to bring the room temperature to a comfortable setting. Here are some of the tips for making good use of the heat pump in the winter season.
1. Keep the temperature setting low. It should be between 18 degrees Celsius or 20 degrees Celsius.
2. Turn it on 10-15 minutes before you require the heat pump.
3. Always clean the heat pump filter before using it. This should be done once or twice a year. Ideally, you should prepare it for the winter season.
4. Heat the room which you are using. Do not use a heat pump to heat rooms that are not in use.
5. In order to seal the heat inside the room, keep the curtains and windows shut. This will allow the heat to stay in and the temperature will get comfortable and snug sooner.
6. Always use a SMART heat pump in which you can set the timer. Some mechanisms can be operated with a phone application. You can simply turn it off and on with your smartphone.
Choosing The Best Heat Pump
When you step out to shop for a heat pump, make sure you are purchasing the one that saves energy. Take a look at the energy star rating before you purchase a product.
Ideally, you can go to popular eCommerce sites such as Amazon to purchase the heat pump. This way, you can check the ratings and reviews before purchasing the product.
Choosing a heat pump of the right size is important. It depends on where you live, how big the room is, and how well-insulated the home is.
If it gets extremely cold outside (below 0 degrees), look for a product that will efficiently heat up your room in such harsh weather conditions. If your home is well-insulated, the heat pump works better because it will trap the heat inside the room.
Make sure you are purchasing the right heat pump. Look for a product that comes with a warranty and has a quiet operation. There is plenty of good-quality heat pumps out there. Don’t buy in haste! Ensure that the product ticks all the boxes.