Every homeowner wants to keep his home safe from burglars, fire, floods and other unexpected disasters. Fires, however, are one of the most devastating in terms of destruction; it destroys faster than any other known natural disaster.
Humans have lost valuable items to fire and it is an occurrence that cannot be totally prevented except managed. This is why getting the best fireproof safe for home use may be the reason your important documents are not lost to fire disaster.
Fireproof safes for home use are especially effective in protecting your documents from small fires making it a necessity in most households.
5 Best Fireproof Safe For Home Use
- SentrySafe Fire Resistant Chest
- Steelwater Gun Safes 2-Hour Fireproof safe
- SentrySafe SFW205CWB Water-resistant Combination Safe
- Honeywell 6104 Fire Resistant Steel Security Box
- SentrySafe 500 Fire Safe Box
Criteria For Choosing Best Fireproof Safe For Home Use
- Price: Fireproof safes can be pricey at certain times but some are more pocket-friendly. Price is an important criterion as a number of fireproof boxes for legal-size documents are reasonably priced.
- Size: Fireproof safes for home use come in various sizes, dependent on the number of files you want to store in them. That said, some people go for larger sized fireproof boxes to store more documents, while others go for smaller sized documents to economize on space available in the home or office.
- Weight: Certain fireproof boxes are heavy in nature due to the fact that they need more fire-resistant material to protect the content of the safe. Heavier fireproof boxes may be more challenging to transport in times of emergency compared to the lightweight ones.
- Fireproof rating: This simply tells us how much of a resistance material can offer when heated with respect to time. Most fireproof safes for home use have a time rating ranging from 30 minutes to an hour.
5 Best Fireproof Safe For Home Use
This fireproof, durable and small-sized safe is useful for a variety of things and can even be taken along on travels. This fireproof safe can store valuables ranging from cash, passports, irreplaceable mementos and even a few pieces of jewelry.
This SentrySafe Fire Resistant Chest can protect its content from blazes as high as 1550 degrees Fahrenheit for more than a half-hour, and though not extremely strong, the key-operated lock is solid enough to deter burglars and even curious kids. Its major selling point is its portability making it easy to transport in cases of emergency.
This Fireproof home safe can keep valuables safe for an astonishing 2 hours even when temperatures rise to as high as 1800 degrees Fahrenheit. This behemoth of a safe, weighing 115 pounds has a solid steel door, deterring burglars from prying into the safe.
The Steelwater Gun Safes 2-Hour Fireproof safe offers amazing fire resistance and uses a combination, lock, and key adding extra security to your safe. It has a pre-set Combination which can’t be changed. This virtually indestructible engineering marvel offers more than enough value for money.
This large safe, clocking in at 138 pounds and measuring 1.5 feet on each side is perfect for many items; this is owing to its roomy nature. It is perfect for holding photo albums, books, and cameras.
The product is built to protect your belongings from fire, flood and unwanted guests. This solid safe earned positive reviews from multiple users on the internet, largely due to its storage capacity and strength. If you need something with enough space and can effectively protect your valuables from fire, then this safe is the perfect safe for you.
If you need a good safe that will keep your valuables safe, and don’t have the cash to throw around. Then this safe is for you. These safe features fire-resistant insulation in a double steel wall construction.
Despite a small-sized design, this safe is big enough to store your important personal effects. It comes with two entry keys and is backed by a 3-year warranty. Its small size makes it slightly harder for letter-sized documents to fit in without being folded. But overall, it is a solid safe and is a popular choice among homeowners.
Another SentrySafe product on our list, this compact box that is strong enough to withstand temperatures of up to 1500 for half an hour is easy to transport and lightweight.
Keep your files alive and safe always by making sure you don’t just get any form of fire safe for home use, instead be sure to get the best fireproof safe for home use for effective protection and safety precautions.
The process of buying the best fireproof safe for home use has been outlined above which will help you navigate through the market without fear of getting a bad product.
Shop Related Product